Saturday, May 16, 2009

The weekend begins

If I were to obtain some kind of report on my current sleep patterns, it would probably say something along the lines of "Must try harder".

This morning my alarm went off at it's usual time. It really shouldn't have done that because today is Saturday, but my alarm clock didn't know that.

When my alarm goes of, I usually leap up out of bed like a gazelle, rush around the house for 35 minutes like a lunatic, and then leave to catch a train to Marylebone shortly after 6 o'clock.

Today, the alarm went off as usual. Fortunately (despite being too stupid to switch off the alarm last night), my razor sharp mind immediately swung into action... Hand out... Hit switch... "Oh, it's Saturday"... Roll over... zzzzzzzz

Three hours later I wake up to a windy rainy day in rural Buckinghamshire, feeling as though I have jet lag.

I have to hope that my mind works differently in seven days, as next Saturday I do have to catch a stupid o'clock train to work.

Now that I am awake, I had better leap into action and start the household 'To Do' list. Oh, and now that I can blog from my phone, I haven't even switched on my computer, so no unnecessary distractions there.

Tea cool enough to drink. Slurp. Slurp. Think like a gazelle. Whoosh.

No comments: