Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How is the Central Line?

I have to ask how the Central Line is doing, because I don't have a clue!

I haven't ventured near the Central Line since last Wednesday. I must admit it has been mostly behaving itself recently- there was a morning a couple of weeks ago when passengers appeared to be queuing up to be taken ill, but apart from that, nothing to note.

The new heated unused waiting room at Northolt appears to have been mothballed, as the seats now have plastic covers over them. Still, it stops the squirrels, pigeons and mice scratching them as, quite clearly, it is not planned to let people anywhere near them.

Last Thursday I went to The Crown in Northolt. It used to be a Beefeater pub restaurant but is now something different. See the link for details. The food was fine, but I preferred it as a Beefeater. Nothing I can do of course, but I won't be rushing back. The food was fine, it was just the lack of atmosphere (it used to be really busy) that has put me off.

No comments: