Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A new world record

What? Two hours and thirty eight minutes - that's what....

The length of time it took this morning from walking out of my front door to arriving at my desk.

That is a long long time for a commute. Indeed a world record for me. To say I was a little jaded upon arrival would be an understatement.

There was a fatality at about 5.10am this morning, on the railway near High Wycombe station. The police took some time to release the line back to the railways, so the line was closed until about 7.40 am. Understandably, it then took Chiltern Railways some time to get trains running in any sort of order.

I managed to grab a lift to Great Missenden and traveled to Marylebone on the Aylesbury via Amersham line.

It would seem that a lot of people gave up, because the trains home this evening were very quiet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you got to work ...... which is more than the poor bugger that got hit by the train did!

Central User said...

You are of course entirely correct.

I make no judgement on the poor soul and, indeed did not hear anybody moan or complain during or after the incident. The tone of my post was intended to be one of factual resignation and was certainly not meant to be insensitive.