Saturday, December 16, 2006

Travelling Home on Chiltern Railways

I know the train times all changed last Sunday.

Nevertheless I zipped up to London Marylebone tonight to catch 'my' train. As I was haring along the platform (two minutes to spare) I noticed that the monitor suggested that the train was not stopping at my prefered station. Doh!

Never mind, I thought. I'll get off at the adjacent station. It's my fault. I should have checked. Silly Billy.

Sat down on the train.

What does the rolling dot matrix say? Well, the train is stopping at my station after all. We then set off and eventually approach 'my' station. The train slowed down as if to stop and then rapidly accelerated away. It's a good thing I hadn't stood up, else everyone around me would have known I had got on the wrong train!

Back to plan B and onwards home. Thanks Chiltern for getting my hopes up.

Enough blogging for one day.

2 comments:

Girl on A Train said...

Damnit, the worst things about trains is the uncertainty, the unknown. It's almost as if the train companies don't really know what's going on themselves, which hardly installs confidence.
Hey at least nobody witnessed your hopes dashed!

Anonymous said...

It gets on my nackers when I don't read the sign properly and I end up travelling past my station at 50mph....Especially when you try to look as if nothing has happened as you cross to the opposite platform, knowing full well people are wondering why you just got off one train and are going back... train hobo perhaps...