Monday, October 18, 2010

The steam has now stopped

Coming out of my ears, that is.

Following my earlier post, things went from bad to worse... the trains did eventually start running, though I walked in my front door 50 minutes after I should have done.

Part of the problem, from my perspective, was the short notice (actually 'No Notice') cancellations and changes to stopping patterns. These conspired against me - resulting in a train that could have got me home a lot quicker than I managed, whizzing through a station where I was waiting to catch it, without stopping.

I was not happy.

When things go wrong, it must be difficult for Chiltern Railways (or any railway company) to get things back on an even keel. However passengers have a lot more sympathy, and a lot less to complain about, if communication with them is effective. That should include timely station announcements and station dot matrix indicators being accurate. In both regards Chiltern Railways fell short tonight.

No comments: